“Hunker down low and revel in what is one of the finest handling machines around. Perfect handling & acceleration” (Cycling Plus Magazine 09/12)
A Storck of the highest caliber and winner several times over in the Ultegra Di2 class in Tour & Roadbike Magazine, the new 2013 Scentron G2 is perhaps the ultimate expression of “form following function“. Evolution of the extremely advanced Absolutist the new Scentron G2 has undergone further developments in design and technology. Proportional Tubing, ‘dual fit’ cable routing to accept both electronic & mechanical gearing with hidden internal cable routing for both gears and brakes and full carbon Press-Fit 86.5 BB shell for increased lateral stiffness and reduced weight.
The new tuned monocoque offers approximately 20% higher head tube and bottom bracket lateral stiffness without adversely affecting comfort or handling, it’s radically proportioned tubing maximizing stiffness and minimizes weight without compromising ride quality. The unique oversize and tapered head tube features an 1 1/8” upper and 1 1/4” diameter lower bearing to reduce front-end lateral flex, while the ultra-oversized chain stays and lightweight seat stays with enclosed brake bridge-to-seat tube junction are laterally stiffer than other models in the range, transforming every ounce of effort into forward motion. The super-sized Stiletto 340 forks with tapered steerer tube work in perfect harmony with the aggressively proportioned frame.
The 2013 Scentron G2 combines addictive levels of performance and efficiency with mile after mile of comfortable and confident handling to produce one of the finest race bikes available. No other bicycle offers such high levels of technical refinement, poise and easy access to performance at such a competitive price.
- *G2 denotes “Second Generation”
- Scentron G2 frame including Stiletto 340 fork
- Storck carbon UD frame and fork
- Internal ‘dual fit’ electronic / mechanical cable routing
- Proportional tubing
- Super size chain stays
- Sloping top tube geometry
- 1 1/8″ – 1 1/4” integrated tapered headset
- Carbon rear entry dropouts
- Replaceable derailleur hanger
- Carbon 86.5 mm Press-Fit bottom bracket shell
- 31.6 mm seatpost diameter
- 34.9 mm seatpost clamp
- Weight from 1090 grams (frame only)
- Matt UD carbon, white and blue with contrasting graphics
- Frameset, complete bicycle and upgrade options - Click here